Test Integrity, Security and Malpractice
I understand that:
- I must attend all four test components in order to receive a test result and any exception to this must be approved in advance by the test centre.
- The IELTS Test Partners have a responsibility to all candidates and Recognising Organisations to ensure the highest confidence in IELTS test results. The IELTS Test Partners may therefore be required to withhold test results temporarily or permanently, or to cancel test results which have been issued, if they consider those results to be unreliable for any reason.
- My test result may not be issued 13 days after the test if any of the IELTS Test Partners consider it necessary to review any matter associated with my test or the administration of my test, including making enquiries as to whether any rules or regulations have been breached. I may be required to provide additional samples of my writing and speaking for the purposes of assisting any investigation before or after the test. In exceptional circumstances I may be required to re-take one or more IELTS components.
- If I am suspected of engaging in any form of malpractice, or do anything that might damage the integrity and security of IELTS, I may not receive a test result, my test fee will not be refunded and I may be banned from taking the IELTS test in the future. If I am banned I will receive a notification stating the length of the ban. If I am subject to a ban and I register to take the test, I will not receive a test result and I will not be entitled to a refund
- Details of any proven or suspected malpractice may be provided to Recognising Organisations, including governments (including visa processing authorities) and appropriate regulatory authorities, and centrally to the IELTS Test Partners. In instances where malpractice has been proven, I may be liable to prosecution.
- I may be filmed for security and quality assurance purposes when registering for the test and during the test. The video footage will be for held for 60 days after my test and may be used for audit or investigation purposes.
Disclaimer: The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to be one of many factors used by academic institutions, government agencies, professional bodies and employers in determining whether a test taker can be admitted as a student or be considered for employment or for citizenship purposes. IELTS is not designed to be the sole method of determining admission or employment for the test taker. IELTS is made available worldwide to all persons, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality or religion, but it is not recommended to persons under 16 years of age.
British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English and any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering IELTS shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or similar damages arising out of access to, use of, acceptance by, or interpretation of the results by any third party, or any errors or omissions in the content therein.
To cancel a Test Registration, change your Test Date or request a refund, you must contact Sheridan Educational Services in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notice for your own records.
Tips for filling in your details during registration:
- insert your mobile telephone number as well (although it is not an obligatory field) so we can contact you quickly in case of changes to the speaking test schedule
- fill in your postal address correctly (please do not insert your address in one single line but use the conventional format)
By clicking the 'Book your IELTS Test' button below you agree to the IELTS Test Regulations and IELTS Terms and Conditions